Employee Assistance Programs
Do you want to get the best performance out of your employees? Or reduce costly employee absenteeism? I can help.
I provide talks and facilitate workshops for Companies for the benefit of their employees. The information delivered during my talks and workshops is educational, practical and transformational, so everyone benefits. All employees also receive a copy of my Stress Gone! book – it’s a life saver with maximum, long-term benefits!
Worldwide, work stress is significantly higher than all other stress areas of people’s lives, including relationship or financial stress. Perhaps this is because people tend to spend the majority of their week day in the office behind a desk, and the commute to and from work usually exacerbates their stress levels. Unfortunately, the sad reality is most corporate employees are merely ‘existing’ month to month i.e. pay cheque to pay cheque, which compounds stress levels. As a result, stressed employees are also usually uninspired, unenthusiastic, unhappy, demotivated, miserable, and you guess it, stressed out! Human equity is an essential requirement for all service oriented and profit driven corporations. Having healthy staff with a positive and happy attitude is key to maintaining a high work ethic and morale. It’s a win-win all round.
Stress, no matter what the cause, will always have a detrimental impact upon one’s talents and abilities. Highlighted below are some of crucial ways in which stress can negatively impact employees, no matter what their job function or seniority levels are. Stress …
- Affects one’s ability to think clearly, logically and rationally,
- Decision making is naturally compromised,
- Impairs day to day effective functioning, people become prone to making silly and costly mistakes,
- Negatively impacts work efficiency and productivity levels,
- Stifles creativity levels and the ability to think and act on one’s feet,
- Doctors agree stress is cause of 90% of all illness and disease,
- Most dread diseases are stress related,
- Contributes towards high absenteeism rates,
- Stress impacts moods, sometimes creating irrational behaviour,
- Can cause sleep disorders; no one performs at their best when sleep deprived, and
- Costs companies plenty – not just financially …
Bottom line, stress sucks but it REALLY doesn’t have to be that way …
I offer highly effective solutions that work every time!
*Image courtesy of Stockimages